Friday, March 26, 2010

When I can be myself

Today is a day I want to remember. I led the Friday Morning Eucharist for the first time: choosing the Taize songs and scripture passage, did the reflection part, and celebrated the Eucharist.

The reading I chose was taken from 1 Corinthians 11:23-25. It's about the Eucharist.

I'm glad I could help John in leading the service.

I'm glad my dear friends were with me.

When I can be myself, when I can be true to myself, when I am allowed to be myself, that's when I can lead the service without fear; that's when I can freely offer my love to others and freely receive the love they give me.

I did no preaching/teaching. I was only sharing what this faith in Jesus meant to me.

There's no way I can tell people how to be a good Christian. I don't even know what a good Christian mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment