Sunday, December 13, 2009

What made me happy today

I had got an incredibly cheap candle holder which I hoped would fit the Christ candle at the Adventh wreath. We needed something small enough to be in the middle of the wreath with four candle holders surrounding it, and yet big enough for a taper candle. It worked, and I was happy.

Managed to get a very beautiful scarf for a friend who's leaving the seminary soon.

Exchanged SMSes with a dear friend.

Got a call from two other dear friends. They were doing Christmas shopping and would like to know if there's anything I wanted.

I was also moved by friends' concern over my recent inexplicable sadness.

I think I have been sad because I know I am unable to love as much as I want. Relationships bring hurt. To love is also to risk sadness. We are all going to say goodbye to one another sooner or later; and saying goodbye is sad. When I open my heart to someone, I take a risk. It isn't rejection that I fear the most. I am afraid I will hurt my beloved. I am impatient; I can be very mean...And with the best intention, I usually end up doing stupid and hurtful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment