Saturday, December 26, 2009

Feeling real

The bruises on my left knee help me realize that I am living. The pain, the bluish colour...life can be painful; life is fragile, make a slip and viola!

It isn't a very loud pain. It's sutle; you won't even notice it until you touch upon the bruises by accident. It isn't disabling, but still, it's a reminder of your foolish accident, and of the fact that you're living.

The bluish colour is settling in; it's not so obvious late last night. It is as if it had enlarged, or maybe it did. I am only too glad that I am left with some bruises and not scraped skins; the latter would have been too much, too unbearable. I don't want to see blood; even when I have a little accident, I want a more sanitized one.

Why do people drink? Maybe the question should be why don't people drink more? Alcohol does have a numbing effect; and it's good to be numbed sometimes.

I feel so real that I want to cry. I guess Jesus didn't come to tidy up our messy world; I don't think he wanted to sanitize our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment